Making a complaint

To download this information as a printable leaflet click here

If you have any complaints or concerns about the service that you have received from us, we would like to know.

We hope that most problems can be sorted out easily and quickly, at the time they arise and with the person concerned.

If you would like to speak to someone informally, please contact:

Rachael Ashworth - Group Practice Manager
Tracy Piper - Assistant Group Practice Manager
01664 821920

If your problem cannot be sorted out in this way and you wish to make a complaint, we would like you to let us know as soon as possible - ideally within a matter of days or at most a few weeks - because this will enable us to establish what happened more easily.

If it is not possible to do that, please let us have details of your complaint:

  • Within 12 months from the date on which the event occurred (which is the subject of the complaint) or
  • 12 Months from the date on which the event (which is the subject of the complaint) comes to the complainants notice.

Any Member of staff will be pleased to deal with any complaint. They will explain the procedure to you and make sure that your concerns are dealt with promptly. You can make your complaint:

In person
ask to speak to Rachael Ashworth - Group Practice Manager
Tracy Piper - Assistant Group Practice Manager
01664 821920

In writing
Some complaints may be easier to explain in writing, please give as much information as you can, then send your complaint to the practice for the attention of Susan Timberlake as soon as possible.

What we shall do?

Our complaints procedure is designed to make sure that we settle any complaints as quickly as possible.

We shall acknowledge your complaint within 3 working days and aim to have looked into your complaint within 2 weeks of the date when you raised it with us. We shall then be in a position to offer you an explanation, or a meeting with the people involved.

When we look into your complaint, we shall aim to:

  • Find out what happened and what went wrong.
  • Make it possible for you to discuss the problem with those concerned, if you would like this
  • Make sure you receive an apology, where appropriate.
  • Identify what we can do to make sure the problem doesn’t happen again.

At the end of the investigation your complaint will be discussed with you in detail, either in person or in writing.

POhWER – NHS Complaints Advocacy Service

This is a service that supports patients who wish to make a complaint about their NHS care or treatment.

Contact POhWER on: 0300 200 0084

Complaining on behalf of someone else

Please note that we keep strictly to the rules of medical confidentiality.

If you are complaining on behalf of someone else, we have to know that you have his or her permission to do so.

A form will be provided for you to obtain permission. This must be returned to the Practice before the complaint can be investigated.

What you can do next?

We hope that, if you have a problem, you will use our practice complaints procedure. We believe that this will give us the best chance of putting right whatever has gone wrong and the opportunity to improve our practice.

However this does not affect your right to approach NHS ENGLAND Contact Centre if you feel you cannot raise your complaint with us or you are Dissatisfied with the way we are dealing with your complaint.

The customer services based at NHS ENGLAND provide confidential advice and support, helping you to sort out any concerns you may have about the care we provide, guiding you through the different services available from the NHS.

Telephone 0300 311 2233 Monday - Friday Sam - 6pm, excluding English bank Holidays PO Box 16738, Redditch B97 9PT

If you remain dissatisfied with the responses to your complaint, you have the right to ask the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman to review your case. The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman is an independent body established to promote improvements in healthcare through the assessment of the performance of those who provide service. You can contact them on 0345 015 4033, or write to them at:
Telephone 03450154033
The Parliamentary & Health Service Ombudsman
Millbank Tower
Millbank, London SWIP 4QP

Long Clawson Surgery

The Sands
Long Clawson
Melton Mowbray LE14 4PA

Telephone 01664 822214

Stackyard Surgery

1 The Stackyard
Croxton Kerrial
Grantham NG32 1QS

Telephone 01476 870900

Woolsthorpe Surgery

Main Street
Woolsthorpe by Belvoir
Grantham NG32 1LX

Telephone 01476 870166